Clinical Ethics Intensive – February 2021
Welcome to the participant portal for the CommonSpirit Health Clinical Ethics Intensive. The Clinical Ethics Intensive (CEI) will be held Wednesday February 10 and Thursday February 11, 2021 and will utilize a virtual format. The CEI brings together staff from CommonSpirit hospitals to engage in training provided by the system Mission Innovation, Theology and Ethics team. Join ethicists Kevin Murphy, System Senior Vice President of Mission Innovation, Ethics and Theology and Becket Gremmels, System Vice President of Theology and Ethics in an innovative program designed to educate and enrich ethics committees and leadership.
Zoom Connection Information
Meeting ID: 854 8416 9379
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kemWFDc0Ft
Consider downloading the zoom app to your smartphone or tablet (if available) as a backup in the event that your computer malfunctions.
For any questions, please contact:
System Manager, Mission Projects
Before the Clinical Ethics Intensive, participants should listen to 6 EthicsLab Essentials Podcast episodes. Each episode is approximately 30 minutes in length and provides foundational information. These can be completed at your convenience before Wednesday February 10.
Steps to access the EthicsLab Essentials Podcast
Participants should listen to 6 EthicsLab Essentials Podcast episodes. Each episode is approximately 30 minutes in length and provides foundational information.
- Podcasts are located at: the EthicsLab Essentials webpage or anywhere you get podcasts (iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, etc.).
- The four required episodes are:
- One additional episodes of your choice, found at the EthicsLab Essentials webpage
In addition to the CME credit available for the CEI, participants can obtain ½ CME credit for each EthicsLab Essentials episode. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Before listening to each episode, go to the EthicsLab Essentials webpage and click on “Click Here for Podcast CME Credit” to complete the pre-test.
- Listen to the episode and then click on “Click Here for Podcast CME Credit” again to complete the post-test and CME evaluation.
Presentation Content, Tools and Cases
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (CME) Process
Clinical Ethics Intensive Participants can obtain 7.5 CME credits for full participation in the CEI. To do so, complete follow the following steps: