Clinical Ethics Intensive – Phoenix Division October 2020
Welcome to the participant portal for the Clinical Ethics Intensive for the CommonSpirit Health Phoenix Division October 2020. The Clinical Ethics Intensive (CEI) will be held Tuesday, October 20 and Wednesday October 21, 2020 and will utilize a virtual format. The CEI brings together staff from CommonSpirit hospitals to engage in training provided by the system Mission Innovation, Theology and Ethics team. Join ethicists Kevin Murphy, System Senior Vice President of Mission Innovation, Ethics and Theology and Becket Gremmels, System Vice President of Theology and Ethics in an innovative program designed to educate and enrich ethics committees and leadership.
Zoom Connection Information
Meeting ID: 897 2570 5776
Dial by your location
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 897 2570 5776
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbedOYlgPT
Consider downloading the zoom app to your smartphone or tablet (if available) as a backup in the event that your computer malfunctions.
For any questions, please contact:
System Manager, Mission Projects
Before the Clinical Ethics Intensive, participants should listen to 6 EthicsLab Essentials Podcast episodes. Each episode is approximately 30 minutes in length and provides foundational information. These can be completed at your convenience before Tuesday October 20th.
Steps to access the EthicsLab Essentials Podcast
Participants should listen to 6 EthicsLab Essentials Podcast episodes. Each episode is approximately 30 minutes in length and provides foundational information.
- Podcasts are located at: the EthicsLab Essentials webpage or anywhere you get podcasts (iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, etc.).
- The four required episodes are:
- Two additional episodes of your choice, found at the EthicsLab Essentials webpage
In addition to the CME credit available for the CEI, participants can obtain ½ CME credit for each EthicsLab Essentials episode. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Before listening to each episode, go to the EthicsLab Essentials webpage and click on “Click Here for Podcast CME Credit” to complete the pre-test.
- Listen to the episode and then click on “Click Here for Podcast CME Credit” again to complete the post-test and CME evaluation.
Presentation Content, Tools and Cases
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (CME) Process
Clinical Ethics Intensive Participants can obtain 9 CME credits for full participation in the CEI. To do so, complete follow the following steps: